Friday, February 10, 2012

No... No... No...

Metricon Customer Service

I received a very interesting – if not odd – phone call from an M customer service representative today. She was enquiring about a number of things ranging from my experience with our SS to recommending M to others.

I did explain he had only been on our job for 3 weeks so it is probably too early to answer her questions with any real accuracy at this stage. None the less she continued.

Three question which were particularly interesting included

‘Am I happy with the level of customer service from our SS’.. reply – well over the three weeks it been ok but this week he cancelled a site meeting via text message 2 hours prior to the meeting time. These things happen. So given the rating scale is a yes or no – I can’t say yes… He has been ok overall but given limited options to answer, it has to be no.

‘Are you happy with the build to date’.. reply – well there has been and continue to be a number of things to be rectified. If they are resolved to our satisfaction then yes but at present they aren’t so I can’t say yes… It’s been ok overall but given limited options to answer, it has to be no.

‘Would you recommend M to someone else’.. reply – well we haven’t reached lock up as yet and again depends on a number of things to be rectified. If they are resolved to our satisfaction then yes but at present they aren’t so I can’t say yes… I wouldn’t say yes but I would say no either but given limited options to answer, it has to be no.

Keen to give customer feedback at any point in time but this time it was really pointless. Let’s talk again in a month or two….

4 comments:

  1. Power blogger! And they start to listen. Here a hope your finishing will be on high standard!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, its funny that you say that as Kirst said the same to me and I kind of dismissed it. Maybe your both right.
      Cam

      Delete
  2. Hey, I received one of these calls last Friday too. Complete waste of time if you ask me. They only ever ask these 3 questions, and only give you 2 options - "yes" or "no". Seems like more of a tick box exercise for them so that they can say they have canvassed customer feedback.

    Even though I have not been happy at all with my Metricon experience, I struggle to answer "no", because I don't want to be mean to my SS, who has been trying his best. Maybe I should be a harsher judge!

    The only question I answer "no" to, is 'would you recommend Metricon to someone else' - that gets an emphatic 'no' from me, and I say it is because of the ridiculously long 11-12 month build time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like if you answered "no" to any of the questions you don't get to feature on their testimonials page. That's all it is.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts or answer your questions...