Monday, July 23, 2012

301 days and counting...

After venting last week about the lack of progress and a rather terse 45 minute conversation with our SS taking him to task over the hold-ups, we are pleased to report that on the 301st day of our build quite a lot has been accomplished.


On Friday the stove and hot water service were installed (but not mentioned by the SS that morning... did he even know???). They are lookin' good.




Today the carpet people came back to redo the joins alongside the timber floors and the painters were back to touch up a bit more.


The block has also been cleaned up mostly at the front and the bin cage is gone!!! 


Hooray for progress :)


Kirst

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I am starting to get really frustrated for you guys (as I did with Nat and Paul). I can't understand why your builder takes this poor approach and just limps into the finish, when things seem to go well during the build. Oh well, rant over, sorry!

    There are so many handovers happening at the moment that I can't remember, do you have a PCI date yet?

    Hopefully you don't make it too much further into the 300s!

    M
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No PCI as yet. The SS has refused all along to give us any indication of a date.

      Although QA is booked in for wednesday...we shall see :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Man, I too am frustrated for you guys!!!!! So annoying being so close to the end, I really feel for you!!!!! Fingers crossed not much longer!!!!!! Keep the updates coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel, I'm trying not to think about it. Lucky, I'm so busy with work and the boys and uni is about to start again soon. I fear that i'll be too busy to actually move house LOL.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for such a great blog. Love your interior ideas and the furniture! Just think it I'll all be worth it in the end! What ideas do you have for the kids bedrooms?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't get a PCI date until QA was scheduled (so about 3 days notice). I'm glad our SS didn't give us a date earlier than that because I know it would have given me more disappointment to continually miss the date.

    It's a positive sign that QA is booked, though, as they don't get them through until they're sure the house is 'ready' for handover. Fingers crossed it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm QA was postponed again until tomorrow Nat...trying not to worry about the waiting... it doesn't speed things up! :)

      Delete

We love to hear your thoughts or answer your questions...